TAGB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take Downs

4 posters

Go down

Take Downs Empty Take Downs

Post  Pegasus_0 Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:36 am

Anyone have any useful links or books etc that detail effective take downs? This part of my training is one i would like to further without training in another Martial Art. I seem to lack in imagination when it comes to using take downs in one-step sparring or variations.

Any help appreciated!
Pegasus_0
Pegasus_0

Back to top Go down

Take Downs Empty Re: Take Downs

Post  M.Cavallin Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 am

Pegasus_0 wrote:Anyone have any useful links or books etc that detail effective take downs? This part of my training is one i would like to further without training in another Martial Art. I seem to lack in imagination when it comes to using take downs in one-step sparring or variations.

Any help appreciated!

I have never personally been able to "learn" anything from books anyway, but i know the feeling. The best thing for me was just to practise really simple ones first and just get really good at those. once they become more natural, it's much easier to adapt them into different things.
Although you could try stuart anslow's book - I think he's only written one so it shoudl help. PLus it's all entirely TKD based Smile
M.Cavallin
M.Cavallin

http://www.lewestaekwondo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegasus_0 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:37 pm

i had a look at that book. Once i get the money (because i intend to buy Gen.Choi's encyclopedia one day and C.K Choi's book) i will invest. I just need practice or material to learn a movement or type of movemtn so i can practice it in the dojang.
Pegasus_0
Pegasus_0

Back to top Go down

Post  jukeboxtim Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 am

I try to keep it simple and use combinations from the patterns. Anslow's book is good for that.

jukeboxtim

Back to top Go down

Post  darkknight Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:25 pm

I like take downs, I know its not the TKD style, but it would be good if their was more training on a few ground tactics for self defence. After all, the majority of fights end up there if something isnt quickly done about it.

darkknight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum