TAGB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weight loss for competitions!

+3
Admin
d4vis
M.Cavallin
7 posters

Go down

weight loss for competitions! Empty weight loss for competitions!

Post  M.Cavallin Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 pm

It's that time of year again...took liberties over the summer hols, and now i have to lose weight to make it into my prefered category at the south east.

What diet has worked the best for you for losing weight?
i know some people who do pretty extreme things like treadmill/sauna all day long!!

Any healthy tips recommended?

At the moment, I am doing a combination of slim fast and low GI foods. Slim fast is mainly for convenience at work! Then normally porridge and rice milk for breakfast, with green tea. For dinner i tend to have soup (sometimes homemade) or a large salad.
for snacks i eat carrot sticks, nuts and dried fruit.
i tend to enjoy it for the first few weeks, detoxes my body a bit, and then i start craving takeaways and cakes, buiscuits and chocolate!!!
M.Cavallin
M.Cavallin

http://www.lewestaekwondo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

weight loss for competitions! Empty Re: weight loss for competitions!

Post  d4vis Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:37 am

The only thing i would add to you diet, is to make sure you drink plenty of fresh water every day.

It will help with weight loss, and with food absorption too :-)

regards
d4vis
d4vis

Back to top Go down

weight loss for competitions! Empty Weight loss

Post  Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Ive found the best way is using really good quality products from people such as CNPProfessional. Problem is its REALLY expensive! I got down to my weight easily for international comps using their products and advice from Kerry Kayes on the forum (used to be Ricky Hattons nutritionist). I used to do something like:

Breakfast
Pro-tect drink (for joints)
cereal and water
sida cordifolia fat burner x2
Pro-Vital (vitamins)

Mid morning
either cold meat sarnie on wholemeal bread (no butter) or CNP Pro flapjack

Lunch
Lean meat and veg (or another loaded meat sarnie)
sida cordifolia fat burner x2

Mid afternoon
Pro-Mr Shake

Tea
Decent meat steak (chicken, turkey etc) with steam veg

That was pretty much it ... u CAN do it without the supplements but they really do help a hell of a lot with getting the right amounts of protein. The other way is to eat whatever u like then just crash diet and eat as little as possible for a month and sauna it ! lol .... which i have done also! Check out CNPProfessional.co.uk if you want to do it the good/healthy/EXPENSIVE way! haha

Admin
Admin

https://tagb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan.dickinson Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:37 am

I've found using the maixmuscle promax diet system quite good. Again, it can be expensive but it works really well, it's the first time I've dropped alot of weight and felt heathly and strong.

There are lots of good sellers on ebay that will sell products up to 30% cheaper than retail, so check them out too.

nathan.dickinson

Back to top Go down

Post  jukeboxtim Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 am

As a marathon runner and boxer (a long time ago!), I always avoided supplements but stuck to a simple carbohydrate load/bleed diet.

jukeboxtim

Back to top Go down

Post  niksephton Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 am

I'm currently on a weight loss drive because I want to be able to compete better, plus I'm getting too fat. I'm 5'2" and a heavyweight, which is bad times. Now I'm a black belt I know I'm gonna get slaughtered at competitions. I've only ever done well at local competitions, I'm too short and slow.

I'm using Maximuscle Promax Diet and although expensive its really good stuff. Very Happy
niksephton
niksephton

http://www.wednesfieldtkd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oXDanXo Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 pm

M.Cavallin wrote:It's that time of year again...took liberties over the summer hols, and now i have to lose weight to make it into my prefered category at the south east.

What diet has worked the best for you for losing weight?
i know some people who do pretty extreme things like treadmill/sauna all day long!!

Any healthy tips recommended?

At the moment, I am doing a combination of slim fast and low GI foods. Slim fast is mainly for convenience at work! Then normally porridge and rice milk for breakfast, with green tea. For dinner i tend to have soup (sometimes homemade) or a large salad.
for snacks i eat carrot sticks, nuts and dried fruit.
i tend to enjoy it for the first few weeks, detoxes my body a bit, and then i start craving takeaways and cakes, buiscuits and chocolate!!!

If you are aiming to maintain muscle mass, you should go for a high protein diet and make sure you get enough essential fats and enough calories to keep from loosing too much.

oXDanXo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down